According to Iqaluit Dental Clinic, while there are a lot of electric toothbrushes in the market, the latest and greatest cost quite a lot. Moreover, their brush heads are also quite expensive. If you use the right brushing technique, you don’t really need an electric toothbrush. Let’s check out the top manual toothbrushes.
1. Oral-B Indicator Color Collection Manual Toothbrush – Toothbrushes should be replaced when the bristles start to get hard or show signs of fraying. However, a lot of people have trouble figuring out when they should replace their brushes. If you belong to that camp, this toothbrush from Oral-B is perfect for you. The bristles are stained with a special pigment that’s on the clock. When the bristles start to fade away, you know it’s time to replace it. Moreover, the bristles are also shaped in a wavy pattern so that they can easily reach the back of your teeth as you hold the brush at a 45-degree angle.
2. Colgate 360° Advanced Optic White Toothbrush – Colgate 360 has built up a reputation over the years and is one of the best manual toothbrushes you can find on the market. Apart from having soft bristles, it also features a built-in tongue and cheek cleaner. Handling it is also easier than the rest due to its rubber-grip handle.
3. Nimbus Extra Soft Toothbrushes – Over time, your teeth’s remineralizing power may weaken or your enamel may get eroded. That’s when you develop sensitive teeth. People usually switch to sensitive toothpaste when that happens. However, you can make the brushing experience even more comfortable with this extra-soft toothbrush.
The bristles on this toothbrush are crafted from microfine materials. While being easy on your sensitive teeth, the brush also manages to remove plaque effectively as it has alternating short-end round bristles and single-end tapered bristles. They are also quite inexpensive and usually come in a pack of five.
4. Nuduko Biodegradable Bamboo Toothbrushes – No matter the effectiveness of a toothbrush, most of them are made from plastic. Unfortunately, they end up as waste in the oceans or pollute the environment as they are dumped in a landfill or incinerated to release toxic fumes.
If you want a more sustainable yet effective toothbrush, Nuduko Biodegradable Bamboo Toothbrush is the right product for you. They are eco-friendly, made from bamboo and even the packaging is made of cardboard. The nylon bristles can be recycled and the rest of it can be dumped directly into your compost bin.
5. Radius Source Toothbrush – Radius Source Toothbrush ranks even higher in terms of sustainability. They are made from recycled materials. Even the bristles are made from a “bio-based” material and the brush head can be replaced like electric toothbrushes.
Iqaluit Dental Clinic suggests that you check out the above-mentioned manual toothbrushes or buy one that has some of their highlighting features. As long as you have a decent soft-bristled toothbrush and use the right brushing and flossing technique, you won’t need a fancy electric toothbrush.